Healing Through Art:
Art Therapy Houston
Hi, I'm Marian, and I'm a Houston based licensed art therapist as well as a clinical social worker. Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety? Does your inner critic constantly push you to do more and be more with no relief in sight? Is the constant pursuit of perfection more exhausting than fulfilling? I understand, and I'm here to help.
I help high achievers navigate the challenges of anxiety, perfectionism, and self-esteem through a combination of art therapy counseling and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). I assist clients in making the distinction between healthy striving and challenging unrealistic expectations with self-compassion.
So what exactly is art therapy? Art therapy is a unique form of counseling that combines traditional talk therapy with the creative process of art making.
If you're ready to start healing through art, schedule a complementary consultation call with me today.
My Approach As a Licensed Art Therapist
In our art therapy sessions, I provide a non-judgmental and supportive environment where you can explore your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Together, through guided art directives and warm-ups, we can explore your perspectives, experiences, and insights surrounding meanings and messages within your artwork.
Here are some ways working with a licensed art therapist can help you:
1. Anxiety Reduction: Art therapy provides a safe space for you to express and process anxious thoughts and feelings that may be difficult to put into words. Through the use of different art techniques such as drawing, collage, and painting, we can explore the root causes of your anxiety and develop coping strategies.
2. Perfectionism Exploration: Perfectionism can be a double-edged sword that drives you to strive for excellence but also causes stress and self-criticism. Through creative exercises, you can learn to embrace your imperfections, celebrate progress, and cultivate self-compassion.
3. Emotional Expression: Through the use of different art materials, we can explore and process your emotions, and give them a tangible form that can be examined and understood from a new perspective.
4. Self-Exploration: Engaging in art-making can provide insights into your thoughts, beliefs, and patterns of behavior. This self-exploration can also lead to the development of healthier coping strategies.
5. Stress Relief and Relaxation: By immersing yourself in the creative process, you can find respite from the demands of everyday life. Art-making can also serve as a form of self-care and a valuable outlet for releasing tension and creating a sense of well-being.
If you're ready to embark on a transformative journey towards healing and personal growth, I invite you to reach out and schedule a free phone consultation to learn more. Together, we can harness the power of art therapy to help you overcome anxiety, navigate perfectionism, and create a more balanced self-image.
I would be happy to speak with you about how I may be able to help.